OPC welcomes children. Nursery care is available each Sunday. All other children and youth attend worship service and are dismissed after the Children’s Story when members of the Christian Education Committee are available to escort students to their rooms. While the children and youth are in worship there are children’s bulletins available and Action Bibles for their use.
The room assignments for our church school:
- Nursery: Infants through age 2. Nursery 1st Floor.
- Preschool: Ages 3-5, Preschool area, 1st Floor
- Grades K through Grade 2: k-1 Room, 2nd Floor
- Grades 3-5: Art Room, 2nd Floor
- Grades 6 and 7: Geneva Room, 2nd Floor
- Grades 8-12: Audio Visual Room, 2nd Floor
Experienced teachers use Spark Curriculum from Augsburg for Preschool Classes and Grades 3-5 while Grades k-2 use The Presbyterian Curriculum, “We Believe”.
Children in Nursery through Grade 2 need to be picked up by their parents in the classroom after church.
Becky Quay is the church school superintendent.
Check our monthly newsletter for current opportunities for families, children and youth.
Confirmation is offered every other year to eighth-graders and above.
Questions about the Church School can be addressed to the Christian Education Committee currently chaired by Lynn Cronk, 513-524-8574; email@example.com.